Join acclaimed, award-winning Blue Badge Guide Simon Whitehouse on this virtual tour of Glorious Greenwich – a marvelous maritime village with a mixture of naval, royal and horological history!
Highlights of our tour include:
- A ‘virtual’ speedy Thames Clipper boat ride from central London, whizzing past Wapping (watch out for pirates!) and Canary Wharf to arrive at our destination!
- The oldest surviving tea clipper in the world – the Cutty Sark (& discover the importance of a horse’s tail).
- The grounds of the Old Royal Naval College – the greatest and grandest collection of Classical Baroque buildings in the country (designed by Christopher Wren).
- A ‘tour’ inside the stunning Painted Hall – ‘the Sistine Chapel of Britain’ – once a dining room for the poshest pensioners’ home in the country & where our great naval hero Lord Nelson lay in state.
- We take a ‘break’ at a family run local hotspot to discover a London delicacy before heading to the National Maritime Museum & visiting the Queen’s House – the first Classical villa in England designed by Inigo Jones with its stunning Tulip Staircase and the fabled Armada Portrait Of Queen Elizabeth I.
- We conclude with a stroll through the oldest Royal Park in London and take time to visit the place from where the world takes its time – the 17th-century Royal Observatory – home to the Prime Meridan Line (O degrees longitude) and with a view to die for!
DON’T JUST TAKE IT FROM US – HERE’S WHAT WALKERS SAY
“Wow! @bluebadgesimon you have blown us away tonight with your Charles Dickens virtual tour! It was brilliant! The only disappointment was that it was a little shorter than one of his novels!! Could happily listen to weekly instalments, Charles Dickens’ style! Thank you!” – mrs_t09
“Another cracking virtual tour with @tourguidesimon – I can see this is going to become a habit for us! Such a great delivery, and so much information delivered. Fantastic!” – Niall Pembury
“We’ve just been on the #Dickens150 tour with @tourguidesimon. Loved it – informative, accessible, the hour or so whizzed by. Have a look at what else is on offer (at)@londonwalks – something for everyone!” – Louise Rees
“Huge thanks, Simon. Absolutely brilliant virtual tour of Covent Garden this evening!” – Christopher at @themanorhousebb
“Simon is the best! It’s actually like being there.” – Arlene Freedman
“Simon, you really bring history alive – thank you for that!” – Wanda Hellevang
“Congratulations! What a fantastic tour. Thank you, Simon!” – Sandra Heuwels
“This was a great experience. Loving your creativity! Thank you!” – Cathy Hayes
“Yes, it really was great! I don’t think I would have taken in that much info out on the streets, but I would like to do the walk at some point. Thank you!” – Sarah Mackey
“We can actually see more virtually, beyond the physical space and to the people, maps, newspapers, etc. Really great transition to online!” – Pamela Fuselli
“Thoroughly enjoyed the tour last night; thank you! Will look forward to the Charles Dickens one soon!” – mrs_t09
“Fantastic, Simon! Loved it!” – americanlondonguide
“Absolutely brilliant – great evening! Thanks so much!” – Dave Edwards
“Thank you so much. That was excellent. Have posted on Facebook. Thanks again!” – Jo Brindley
“I loved that Simon, the way you tell it all – really gets you thinking!!! Thanks so much.” – Julie England
“Highly recommend these tours!” – Zoe Witham