The Rolling Stones were very much a London Band. Richard can guide you around the Stones major London hangouts in the Soho area.
Richard’s Rolling Stones walking tour includes:
- See where the Stones made their world debut and the pub where they first rehearsed
- The Recording Studio where the Rolling Stones made their first demos
- The Studio where they made their first album
- The ‘swinging London’ clubs the Stones frequented
- The magistrates court where the group were busted!
- The club used for the memorial to Ian Stewart
- The theatre used for a controversial TV appearence
- Charlie Watts’ favourite jazz club
This is a live online tour, and that there will be a Q & A session at the end. It is a great opportunity to meet fans from around the world!
I am Richard Porter, author of the book Guide to the Beatles London; writer and presenter of The Beatles’ London’ DVD; and a guide of 30 years experience. I was the President of the London Beatles Fan Club for 10 years and was a former winner of the ‘Beatles Brain of Britain’ competition. I organised the celebrations for the 50th anniversary of the Beatles crossing Abbey Road, and was on the committee that erected a blue plaque to commemorate the Beatles famous ‘Rooftop concert’ at 3 Savile Row. In short, I am Super Fanatical Beatles Fan!