Join the Beatles in London from the comfort of your own home for a unique interactive experience. This online tour is a unique opportunity to Imagine The Beatles and the swinging 60s in London’s West End, and meet other fans from all over the world, from the comfort of your own home.Roll up for the Magical Mystery Tour – Step right this way!It is a virtual tour of the Beatles’ London haunts: visit theatres, offices, recording studios – and public toilets(!!) associated with the ‘Fab Four’ in the Soho and Mayfair areas of London, in an era when The Beatles were ‘more popular than Jesus Christ’ (John Lennon).‘A splendid time is guaranteed for all’• their Apple offices, where the group played the famous ‘rooftop session’
• Paul McCartney’s offices where Paul can be seen occasionally
• the well known London theatre which became ‘birthplace’ of Beatlemania
• the site of John’s infamous ‘bigger than Jesus’ interview
• what John Lennon was doing outside some public toilets in 1966!
• the studio where Hey Jude was recorded
• the shopping street that was the heart of ‘Swinging London’
This is a live online tour, and that there will be a Q & A session at the end. It is a great opportunity to meet fans from around the world!
I am Richard Porter, author of the book Guide to the Beatles London; writer and presenter of The Beatles’ London’ DVD; and a guide of 30 years experience. I was the President of the London Beatles Fan Club for 10 years and was a former winner of the ‘Beatles Brain of Britain’ competition. I organised the celebrations for the 50th anniversary of the Beatles crossing Abbey Road, and was on the committee that erected a blue plaque to commemorate the Beatles famous ‘Rooftop concert’ at 3 Savile Row. In short, I am Super Fanatical Beatles Fan!